Submit your Event
Let us know about your local event
If you would like to advertise your event on our ‘What’s On’ pages, here’s the place to do it! The event information that you submit will also be sent to Cumbria Tourism for inclusion on the GoLakes ‘What’s on’ page.
To ensure that our visitors find quality information about events listed on Visit Allerdale, we have set some simple house rules in order to enhance the overall appearance of the site and the visitor information we provide.
Please read below before submitting your event
- Please make sure that the event you’re submitting is taking place within Allerdale. Our main towns are Aspatria, Cockermouth, Keswick, Maryport, Silloth, Wigton and Workington.
- If you have already submitted your event to the GoLakes webpage then you don’t need to submit it again here.
- You will need to attach at least one image or logo to have your event approved.
- Posters or .pdfs cannot be accepted in any way.
- Please no swearing or saucy language, we’re a family website and nobody wants to read that.
- Please don’t include RANDOM CAPITAL LETTERS. Sentence case is preferred.
- The event description should be an interesting overview of the event to encourage the visitor to attend.
- The event must be visitor focused.
Events are added and accepted at the discretion of Allerdale Borough Council and Cumbria Tourism respectively and the organisers of any events not deemed suitable will be notified by email.
- Under GDPR it is your responsibility to make sure the venue/event organiser is aware that their data is in the Guestlink database and that it may be used by UK organisations promoting tourism and local businesses
Please note adding an event to the ‘What’s On’ section is a free service.
If you have any problems or questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.