My perfect day in Cumberland competition 2024
Win a “perfect day” out in Cumberland
Competition details will be released soon. Keep an eye out on our social media pages.
To enter the competition, you must watch the video below and answer the multiple choice question below correctly. Please note you must also provide all contact details for your entry to be valid. You must be at least 18 years old to enter and live in the UK.
The entry form
The perfect Day
Runner up prizes
The rum story – A family pass to The Rum Story visitor attraction. For 2 adults and 2 children.
Castle Guards Farm Retreat – Voucher for money off our glamping pods accommodation (each pod sleeps up to 6)
Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway – family ticket
Terms and conditions 2023
- To enter the competition, you must watch last year’s Perfect Day Competition video and answer the following question:
What are the couple riding at Lake District Off-Road?
A – Mountain bikes
B – Segways
C – Quad bikes
- You must provide all contact details for the entry to be valid.
- Minimum entry age is 18 years old.
- The competition winner will need to bring a friend/family member/partner with them who is also over the age of 18 years old.
- The deadline for entries is midnight Monday 31 July 2023. Any entries after then will not be counted.
- The winning entrant must agree to being filmed or photographed when receiving their prize. Subsequent footage will belong to Cumberland Council and published as we see fit.
- The competition winners will have to arrange their own transport.
- Entry to the competition is free of charge and no purchase is necessary.
- Entries are limited to a maximum of 1 per person.
- Cumberland Council Councillors, members of staff and their immediate family members will not be selected as prize-winners as part of this competition.
- Judge decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into
- The promoter of the competition is Cumberland Council.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw the competition at any time without notice.
- No cash prize are offered as alternatives.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes if their choosing.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. The organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
The judging panel
Joe Broomfield. Tourism Development Manager for Allerdale Borough Council
Cllr. Tony Markley. Tourism Portfolio Holder for Allerdale Borough Council
Jonny Irving. PR & Communications Officer for Allerdale Borough Council
Where is Allerdale?
If you’re not familiar with the exact boundaries of Allerdale, we’re the north-west bit of Cumbria incorporating the 7 towns of Aspatria, Cockermouth, Keswick, Maryport, Silloth, Wigton and Workington. See map
Around a third of Allerdale sits within the spectacular Lake District National Park but we have a lot more to offer than our stunning fells and lakes. We are one of the few places in the world with 2 UNESCO World Heritage Sites – the amazingly historic Hadrian’s Wall as well as the Lake District National Park. Allerdale is also home the beautiful Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, some fantastic historic towns and a great range of attractions and facilities.
Allerdale is blessed with some award-winning independent food and drink specialists serving the freshest flavours around. We also have a host of top-class cultural and heritage attractions and are a world-class destination for adventure sports such as mountain-biking and open-water swimming. Find excitement, exploration and the most memorable of experiences in Allerdale. The opportunities are endless.