My perfect day in Allerdale competition
My perfect day
in Allerdale competition
My perfect day in Allerdale competition
What is your perfect day in Allerdale? A leisurely stroll in the fells and dinner at your favourite Cockermouth restaurant, a day on the beach at Allonby followed by a trip to the theatre, or an early start for an adrenaline-fuelled day of mountain biking at Whinlatter and open water swimming in Crummock?
Whatever your idea of the perfect day is we want to hear about it. Simply tell us about your ideal day in 500 words or less and you will be in a chance of experiencing it… for free*!
One lucky winner will get to experience their ideal day in Allerdale this summer alongside a family member or friend. The day will be filmed by the professionals from Fluid Productions and a short video posted on www.visitallerdale.co.uk to inspire others and showcase what Allerdale has to offer as a visitor destination. As a perfect finish to their perfect day, the winner will spend the night at the luxurious Borrowdale Gates Hotel and wake up to a fantastic breakfast.
Five lucky runners-up will win… (sponsors) and also have their perfect day itineraries posted on www.visitallerdale.co.uk to inspire others.
Where is Allerdale?
If you’re not familiar with the exact boundaries of Allerdale, we’re the north-west bit of Cumbria incorporating the 7 towns of Aspatria, Cockermouth, Keswick, Maryport, Silloth, Wigton and Workington. See map
Around a third of Allerdale sits within the spectacular Lake District National Park but we have a lot more to offer than our beautiful fells and lakes. We are one of the few places in the world with 2 UNESCO World Heritage Sites – the amazingly historic Hadrian’s Wall as well as the Lake District National Park. Allerdale is also home the beautiful Solway Coast, some fantastic historic towns and a great range of attractions and facilities.
Food and Drink. Entertainment and attractions…
How to enter
Simply tell us about your perfect day in Allerdale in 500 words or less. Entries must be submitted electronically via the form below by the deadline of midnight on the 30 June 2020.
All entries will then be considered by our judging panel and a winner and 5 runners-up chosen.
What we’re looking for
We need to be clear that choosing the winner and runners-up of this competition will be a difficult and subjective task. The decision will be down to the panel of judges and their decision will be final. Judges will be looking for entries that inspire them and best showcase what Allerdale has to offer as a visitor destination.
The judging panel
- Cllr. John Cook. Tourism Portfolio Holder for Allerdale Borough Council
- Joe Broomfield. Tourism Development Manager for Allerdale Borough Council
- Others T.B.C.
Terms and conditions
- *The winning entrant (and a nominated family member / friend) will experience their ‘perfect day in Allerdale’ as described on their entry on an agreed date insofar as possible up to a maximum monetary value of £500 in total
- The competition is being organised by Allerdale Borough Council
- Entry to the competition is free of charge
- Entries are limited to a maximum of 1 per person
- We need to be clear that choosing the winner and runners-up of this competition will be a difficult and subjective task. The decision will be down to the panel of judges and their decision will be final. Judges will be looking for entries that inspire them and showcase what Allerdale has to offer as a visitor destination.
- All entrants must be aged 16 years or over at time of entry or have the consent of a responsible parent / guardian
- Completed entry forms should be submitted electronically via the form on visitallerdale.co.uk
- The deadline for entries is midnight on the 30 June 2020. Any entry received following this will not be considered
- The winning entry and runners-up will be chosen by the judging panel. The decision of the judges is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding their selection.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for the monetary equivalent
- Where the organiser is unable to contact a prize-winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for 1 week following the organiser’s first attempt to notify the prize-winner, the organiser may apply the prize as it sees fit
- The Council reserves the right to reproduce / publish all competition entries in part or in full
- All of prize-winning entrants are required to co-operate with the organiser’s right to publish and reproduce their competition entries as and where deemed appropriate, and to provide proof of age when requested
- The winning entrant must agree to being filmed when ‘experiencing’ their prize. Subsequent footage will belong to Allerdale Borough Council and published as we see fit
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the organiser reserves the right to administer the competition as though the error had not occurred. Where the organiser deems it appropriate and/or feasible it will notify entrants of the error
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. The organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
- The organiser’s decision in all matters relating to the competition is final